#ConcreteTough: Are You Tough Enough?
Date: March 3, 2021
Time: 1:30 – 2:30 pm CST
Presenter: Jereme Montgomery (Business Development Manager - Stephens & Smith Construction)
Registration Link: https://cvent.me/eXOR0P
Description: Concrete is the foundation for everything we build. Concrete is an integral part of homes, businesses, schools, offices, churches, roads, and bridges. The concrete industry is in need of people who aren't afraid of hard work. A career in the concrete industry not only pays well but gives individuals the chance to build something that will stand the test of time. Right now, there is a growing need for concrete contractors, equipment operators, ready mix concrete truck drivers and quality control personnel. #ConcreteTough is a Nebraska based workforce recruitment campaign that exposes youth to the concrete construction industry. This message is communicated through participating in various career fairs, concrete 101 programs, and presented to numerous schools on the different careers the concrete Industry offers. Attendees will learn ways that they can incorporate concrete career awareness into their own workforce recruitment efforts.
- Attendees will learn ways that they can incorporate concrete career awareness into their own workforce recruitment efforts.
- Attendees will understand the correlation between employee recruitment and retention and company culture.
- Attendees will be able to identify tools used to communicate with potential employees.
- Attendees will be able to better understand how to communicate to potential employees about concrete construction related careers.
Speaker Bio: Jereme Montgomery has a Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Management from the University of Nebraska. He has nearly 30 years of construction experience with the past 18 years working specifically in the concrete industry. He started his concrete career working for the Nebraska Department of Roads in the Material & Testing Laboratory. His main expertise in concrete was working as a concrete operations manager for a design build firm, managing & constructing quality concrete flatwork. From 2006-2017, he promoted concrete and aggregate products as the Executive Director for the Nebraska Concrete & Aggregates Association. Since then, Jereme has worked for Stephens & Smith Construction Co., Inc. as their Business Development Manager, focusing on workforce development, workforce recruitment, marketing, and sales.
- Past President for the American Concrete Institute-Nebraska Chapter
- Current Executive Secretary for the American Concrete Institute-Nebraska Chapter
- Past Director for the Construction Industry Advisory Council, Durham School of Architectural Engineering & Construction.
- Past Southeast Community College Building Construction Advisory Board Member
- Past Advisor for the Nebraska Construction Industry Council
- Industry Advisor for Metropolitan Community College
- Guest Member of ACI 522, Pervious Concrete Committee
- Guest Member of ACI 332, Residential Concrete
- 015 NRMCA State Affiliate Promoter of the Year
- 2016 Concrete Producer Magazine’s Most Influential
- 2017 Concrete Construction Magazine’s Most Influential
- 2018 Home Builders Association of Lincoln Affiliate of the Year
- 2018 AGC Nebraska Building Chapter Quality People Award
Sponsors: This webinar was developed cooperatively by concrete-related associations from Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin. The goal of the cooperative effort is to bring a greater awareness of cast-in-place concrete to the design and construction communities via quality continuing education programs. (MCC, NDCC, SDRMCA, WRMCA)